Thursday, August 1, 2019

Life Begins at the End of Your Comfort Zone: Hello to a New Adventure!

Perhaps you have been thinking about going to college or getting your GED so that you can go to college. Maybe you have been working at the same job for a long time, but wondering what other opportunities might be out there for you if you had a college degree .... Scary thought?

Sometimes we have to leave our comfort zones and venture out to change our lives for the better.
Is it always easy? NO! Is it scary? YES!

When you are an adult and have been out of school for a long time, it's hard to think of walking back into a classroom.

I'll be out of my comfort zone...what if I fail?
You can only fail if you don't try!

Will I be the oldest person in the class? Maybe, but probably not!

It is NEVER too late to learn!

What if I don't know what to do to apply? What about Financial Aid?

Don't worry! You can contact the Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) at Trident Technical College.

The EOC can help you with the admissions process to go to ANY college! They can walk you through the FAFSA and make sure that you understand what your next step should be.

All you have to do is call 843-722-5509 or 843-574-6430 and let them know that you are ready to get started. I know that you can do it! Its time to take that leap!

I went back to college at the age of 55 to earn my bachelor's degree, so I know how you feel! It took four years of hard work and determination.

I attended classes while working at my full time job at the Educational Opportunity Center where I have been the Administrative Assistant for 15 years. Did I go out of my comfort zone? YOU BET!

I received my bachelor's degree just before I turned 59! I was proud and so happy that I had taken that leap!

So, now, I am prepared to make another leap.

Since I have my bachelor's degree, I was eligible to apply for a job that will provide a little more income and new experiences.

I will be leaving the Educational Opportunity Center and moving on to that new job soon.
Am I going out of my comfort zone leaving a job I've had for 15 years?

Absolutely! But I'm excited and ready to start the new adventure!

Cyndi Harrelson
I know that you can do it, too! Take that step and start YOUR new adventure!

It's time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I'd much rather say hello.
Hello to a new adventure!
(Ernie Harwell)


No comments:

Post a Comment